Fee Structure to Commission a Portrait
Oil on Canvas
(Prices are per each person to be painted.)
- 11” X 14” Head and Shoulders 750.00
- 16” X 20“ Head and Shoulders 850.00
- 24” X 36” Head and Shoulders 950.00
- 36” X 48” Full Length 1,200.00
Watercolor or Pencil Portraits
- 8’ X 10” Head and Shoulders 450.00
- 11” X14” Head and Shoulders 550.00
- 16’ X 20” Full Figure 750.00
(Prices do not include framing.)
- For senior pictures, Family photos, save the date, engagement, reunions, or parties $400.00 covers photo session and all the editing of the pictures
- Photo sessions can take up to two hours and clothing changes are fine.
- I am happy to meet you anywhere you like within the Columbus area.
(All traveling and lodging costs outside of my region will be at the cost of the client.)
Procedure to Commission a Portrait
A discussion with the Artist to determine the number of subjects painted, size, media, price and other details begins the process. Once you have made the decision to commission a portrait, an agreement is prepared, specifying all details. Upon signing, a deposit of 50% is required. A photo session is scheduled for the composition. The photo session may take up to 2 hours. A meeting to review the photos with you is scheduled. Once an image is agreed upon, you will be kept updated with images of the artwork throughout the process, ensuring your delight with the final piece. You may schedule an appointment to come and view the work in progress at any time.
Upon completion, the painting is delivered to you, and the final 50% is due.
Allow extra time for an oil portrait. This work of art can take anywhere from two months to six months or more, depending on the number of subjects to be painted, the complexity and size of the painting. Final drying time of the oil paint can be several weeks.